Day 6 - Saint Malo

A quieter day, today, as the forecast wasn't great and we had some heavy showers first thing. So, we decided to get the bus to Saint Malo and have a proper walk around. We didn't want to leave the bikes locked up for too long yesterday, so we didn't have to worry about that today. 

Fact: French buses are better than buses at home. They turn up, on time, with friendly drivers, are clean and spacious, have electronic screens that you just tap your ticket onto and they're comfortable. And cheap; it cost just €3 each for a return ticket.



After a couple of hours in Saint Malo (once you've seen one crèperie, you've seen them all) we headed back on the bus. 

One power nap later and we popped down to the bar for a cider and an ice cream, before heading back to Beti for steak and chips. 

We're off to Vannes tomorrow,  stopping at Dinan on the way. It's supposed to be a beautiful town, with a castle (naturally) and lots of examples of mediaeval half-timbered houses. 

Also, I have to show you this, it's the best thing I've bought on this trip so far. Don't get too excited, it's a pan with a lid. An anti-climax, I know, but I honestly love it. I forgot to bring a big pan with me, so I picked this up in the supermarket on day 3, after I had to use two pans to make chicken fajitas one night, and it's a game changer. 

My new favourite thing

Small things make a big difference when you're moving around and don't have your usual kit available. 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10 - Angers

Day 12 - International relations

Day 13 - Chartres