Day 11 - Rain stops play
The rain arrived overnight and continued non-stop until about 10:30am. I don't mind a rainy day occasionally as it forces you to relax even more. We've done something every day, so far, to make the most of our time here, so today we had a lie-in and a leisurely breakfast.
When the rain let up we walked into the local village. There's a bakery, hairdresser, pharmacy/medical centre, small supermarket, and a shop that covers everything else - it's a bar/bistro/newsagents/post office and betting shop all rolled into one. We stopped for a coffee, which was half the price of what we've paid elsewhere. I could definitely live here. Close to the city, but feels quite rural.
The sun has been out for most of the afternoon, so we popped up to the bar for a coffee. The owners are lovely and super helpful.
The nice thing about staying closer to home is that you see things you wouldn't normally notice. Today I realised there's a starling nest in one of the trees on the (empty) pitch opposite us. So I've been watching mama starling coming back and forth with food. I also looked up earlier to see a red kite flying overhead.
I've also used the downtime to start planning next year's French adventure!
Comments
Post a Comment